Kids take a stand by fundraising to support programs and research for cancers that impact children.
THE COUNTDOWN IS ON to the Great Canadian Lemonade Standemonium, the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation’s fun fundraising campaign that lets kids help put the squeeze on cancer.
Participation is easy, fun and open to everyone. You just need to register your stand atwww.ottawacancer.ca/Lemonade.aspx and you are one your way. Fundraising starts online where each child participant has their own personalized headquarters to track their progress and accept donations. Funds raised support cancer programs and research into cancers that impact children. TAKE a stand against cancer, all you have to do is MAKE a stand. Get started today.
Make the Stand
The kids and I have turned our puppet theatre into an adorable and functional lemonade stand. We have also created a mobile stand using our wagon. Need more inspiration. Check out some fun stands on my Lovely Lemonade Stands Pinterest board. Here
- Paint and decorate with bright colours.
- Consider using chalkboard paint to make an instant sign on the stand.
- Paint large letters that stand out. Remember, kids lettering and handwriting are really much cuter than adults.
- Attach pinwheels, streamers, balloons or other moving decorations to draw attention.
Spread the Word
Make sure that people hear about this June 21st event well before the date. This will allow them to make time to drop by your stand that day or to make an advance donation.
Be sure to let people know that you are raising money for the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation.
- Contact your local paper and give them the details.
- Create a flyer and deliver it to neighbours.
- Make a “Coming Soon” sign for your lawn.
- Tell you teachers and school friends.
- Hang up posters in your neighbourhoood.
- Call your relatives near and far.
- Have Mom and Dad send an e-mail to their contacts.
- Get Mom or Dad to create a Facebook event for your stand.
- Include a link to your online stand with all of your advertisement
Stand Out to Attract Customers
We are hoping for great weather for our June 21st, Great Canadian Lemonade Standemonium, but we cannot rely on the sunshine alone to bring out customers. We will have to make some noise to get their attention.
- Use Ontario produce when you can and let customers know that your lemonade is fresh. Display a basket of colourful lemons on your table to get attention.
- Make great signs. Use large letters, arrows and eye catching colours.
- Put out a bowl of water for dogs. This will help to attract people who are just out walking their dogs.
- Play music and get your groove on. Dance, dance, dance.
- Offer baked goods or watermelon for sale at your table as well.
- Bring out your pom poms and shout out a lemonade cheer.
Stay busy, keep it fun!
Stay busy between customers, it will make the day fly by and will attract people to the activity at your stand.
- Make crafts – friendship pins, bracelets and keepsakes
Customer Service for 101 for Kids
Young entrepreneurs and community builders gain valuable experience by participating in the Great Canadian Lemonade Standemonium. Principals of marketing and good customers service are essential to fundraising success.
- Be polite and cheerful.
- Smile at your customers and thank them for stopping by, even if they don’t buy anything.
- Give the customer your full attention when they arrive.
- Engage the customer is small talk, “How is your day going? Did you have a lemonade stand as a kid?”
- Upsell by suggesting baked goods.
We are so excited to participate in this event. We are counting down the days. Spread the word and tell your friends to get involved. It’s easy and fun.