This is a fun and easy project that the whole family can do together.
Start by asking a few questions to get the kids thinking about what they would like to add to the box:
- Where do you think we will live in the future?
- What will you remember about this year?
- What do you like best about your world right now?
- Are there any major events happening in your life this year?
- What do you think that world will be like in the future?
Now have them collect things that they would like to save in the time capsule.
- A 2014 penny
- A recent photograph
- A Christmas or Valentine card they received recently or a birthday invitation
- A newspaper clipping.
- A ticket stub
- Their hand / foot print.
- Their age and grade
- Their teachers name
- Their best friend
- Their favourite food
- What they got for Christmas
- What they plan to do for their birthday this year.
- Their favourite place to be
- Have them draw a picture of how they think they will look in four years.
Tuck the items and letters into your decorated box and tape it up. Hide it in a safe place