November 22rd, 2014
Time: 11:00 a.m.
Parade Route Below
Help Ottawa firefighters collect toys for those in need. The Help Santa Toy Parade of lights is a tradition in Ottawa. Local firefighters walk the route collecting toys from spectators.
Starts at National Archives on Wellington Street, heading east on Wellington until Bank. The parade turns right, continuing south on Bank Street then turns left on Laurier Avenue. It heads east on Laurier until Elgin Street, where it ends near City Hall.
Here are some great tips for enjoying the parade
- Don’t underestimate the crowds.
- Arrive early if you want a good spot.
- Be prepared for long waits.
- Check the weather forecast before you head out.
- Have a plan with your kids in case you get split up.
Here is a link to a list of other Santa Claus Parades in Eastern Ontari