2015 marks Earth Day Canada’s 25th Anniversary Hooray!
Earth Day is one of my all-time favourite observances. I love the crafts, the ideas and excitement of participating in the fun and positive events of environmental action for our planet. Earth Day Canada urges us this year to “Clean our Commute,” suggesting that we use self-propelled travel, walking, biking, skateboarding or roller blading.
I am a great fan of walking. People power gets me and my family moving, so I have taken a different approach to cleaning our commute. Next week, I am planning to carry a bag and gloves as we walk to school and playdates. Along the way every day, we will pick up trash, recyclable and other unsightly winter leftovers.
Looking for some fun and easy ways to celebrate earth day with your family? Here are 22 ideas to get you started:
1. Go for a nature walk.
2. Ride bikes.
4. Make a paint chip mosiac of the Earth.
5. Serve a vegetable flower snack.
6. Plant a garden.
7. Decorate a recycling box.
8. Pick up litter in your neighbourhood or at a local park.
9. Go canoeing.
10. Make a batch of Earth Day cookies.
11. Go wading in a creek.
12. Make an Earth Day suncatcher.
13. Go for a hike in your favorite park (for FREE!)
14. Create a craft from nature.
15. Read "The Lorax."
16. Build a solar oven (and use it to bake your Earth Day cookies!)
17. Plant a tree.
18. Leave the car at home and walk or bike all day.
19. Buy local.
20. Go meat-free.
21. Turn off the tap.
22. Be outside.
Enter to win a family 4-packs of tickets to Kidsfest Ottawa 2015.
The event runs on April 11 and 12. Family passes are valid for 2 adults and 2 children and can be used on
Want discounted tickets to Kidsfest Ottawa? CLICK HERE to purchase your tickets online and use PROMO CODE: Blogger11. $30 for a family pass and $3 off adult tickets purchased separately.
For more info on Kidsfest Ottawa, visit: http://kidsfestottawa.ca/
To enter comment below with the name of your favourite kid.